Organisations that can clearly define their competency requirements and attract and select those candidates who match the needs of the business will always get the best return from their investment in people. This highly participative course will provide you with a solid grounding indefining and expressing competency requirements finding people who meet those requirements and then selecting those who are the most competent or who have the potential to be so.
Who should take this course
HR specialists with responsibility for recruitment. Managers at all levels with responsibility for recruitment. Recruitment consultants. Recruiting managers.
Module 1 - The Competency-Based Approach:
- What are competencies?
- The purpose of competencies
- Why the competency approach is needed
- What difference it may make to the way you attract and select staff
Module 2 - Competency Frameworks:
- The role of competency frameworks within the business Links to business goals culture and values
- Examples of competencies
- Tailoring your competency framework for recruitment purposes.
Module 3 - Competencies and the Recruitment Process:
- Advertising for people who match your competencies to attract the right applicants
- Designing the application form
- Defining short listing criteria and processes
Module 4 - Competency-Based Interviewing:
- Designing the interview framework around the competency framework
- Creating the means to identify record and judge evidence of competence through questioning Preparing to question for evidence of competency
- Taking notes that will enable fair and consistent evaluation
Module 5 - Assessment Centres:
- Benefits and pitfalls of Assessment Centres
- Designing the selection processes as a whole
- Defining and agreeing the standards
- Creating the means to identify record and judge evidence of competence through exercise Choosing and enabling the assessors
- Planning the process
Module 6 - Psychometrics and Competency-Based Selection:
- What are psychometrics?
- Knowing what you are looking for Operational issues around using psychometrics
- Linking psychometrics to competency frameworks
- Feedback of test results and personality data
Module 7 - Decision making:
- Defining the criteria for each stage of the process
- Planning the decision making process
- Evaluating the process
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.