Job description / Role
Our client is a global bank with a well established presence in AsiaPac. They would like to hire a head of compliance based in Singapore reporting to the Head of International Compliance in HQ.
The Head of Compliance Singapore is to ensure that Singapore branch adheres to the requirements of the Monetary Authority of Singapore laws, rules and regulations including Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisors Act and their accompanying subsidiary legislation, guidelines and notices.
* Senior Compliance with Singapore experience
Knowledge & Experience:
* At least 15 years of relevant work experience and excellent knowledge of MAS and AML/CFT regulatory framework.
* Bachelor or Master Degree or any equivalent professional education.
* Knowledge and experience in the Wholesale Banking Compliance would be preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of the Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act (SFA), Financial Advisers Act (FAA) and corresponding regulations and MAS guidelines.
* Able to understand and transform regulations into guidelines, policies and procedures
* Ability to deal effectively with regulators and auditors.
* Strong management skills, ability to influence, engage teams / peers and partner collaboratively with a dynamic leadership team.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.