Job description / Role
Job Title: Senior ICT Consultant
Sector: Aviation / Data Centre Projects
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ICT Design Engineer to join one of the world’s leading and most innovative international building services consultancies. Based in the vibrant city of Singapore you will join a team of highly skilled professionals to provide the design of ICT infrastructure for aviation related projects. Typically providing design management support for the production and coordination of drawings, specifications, reports etc for the ICT infrastructure required to support airport operations. In addition to designing the physical infrastructure.
The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of building services prerequisites for ICT systems including power, heat and environmental criteria. Previous project experience will be from Aviation, Data Centre or any other mission critical projects.
This opportunity will be a great fit for an ambitious individual looking to join a leading international business regularly voted in the top 10 places to work.
• Management of ICT designs and construction drawings in compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations
• Ensuring the quality of project work meets agreed standards, specifications and delivery schedules
• Design of ICT physical infrastructure to support active and passive systems such as structured cabling systems, extra-low voltage building control and communications systems
• Management of technical site surveys and site installation activities
• Development of performance specification for ICT works using AutoCAD and/or BIM
• Attend project design team, update and client meetings as required
• QA checks of drawings and documentation completed by the team
• Regular interface/liaison with Multi Discipline Engineering Teams, Consultants, Contractors, Clients and suppliers
• Offer technical advice, support and solutions to the design team as required
Key Skills / Attributes:
• Relevant engineering / IT degree, or equivalent experience in the telecommunications sector
• Minimum 5 years of experience and understanding of building services infrastructure and the design of ICT systems
• Proficient user of BIM or AuroCAD
• An understanding of data networks, data center operations, control centre infrastructure, ELV systems, radio and wireless communications, multimedia solutions etc
• Good understanding of industry standards and frameworks (COPIF 2018, TIA-942, etc.)
• Project Management experience
• Demonstrable CAD and BIM techniques
• Ability to develop working relationship with key clients and suppliers at all levels, including coordination with architect, MEP teams, etc.
• Ability to plan and create documents / reports / design processes as required
• A relevant professional qualification such as BICSI RCDD is desirable
• Experience of working with clients in Singapore and/or ASEAN countries is desirable
• A good command of English, and excellent report writing skills
Attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience including a comprehensive benefits offering, relocation support if required and excellent career progression opportunities.
About the Company
Genesis Associates is a provider of interim, contract and permanent recruitment solutions across the globe. As a trusted advisor to both privately owned and blue chip organisations our ethos is simple: We source and identify talent to ensure our clients realise their commercial objectives. We provide candidates with expertly matched opportunities designed to enable them to develop and progress.
Our partners enjoy an enhanced experience throughout the entire recruitment journey as Genesis focus on true account management of key customers and industry professionals. The ongoing success and growth of the business has been built upon two simple principles:
- The ability to source and supply specialists skills or opportunities for key appointments.
- The highest levels of customer services leading to repeat business and successful referrals.
It's not just what we do; it's how we do it that makes the difference.