Job description / Role
• To lead the business in Africa, and achieve the commercial, financial and operational objectives of the business
• Prepare & achieve the annual budget for revenue, operating profit and operating cash flow. Prepare and achieve business development plans to achieve the budget and strategic objectives.
• Support the commercial team by managing senior customer relationships, overseeing bids etc.
• Ensure the safe execution of the company’s services to meet the customers’ requirements.
• Manage resources to optimize productivity whilst minimizing project risks.
• Lead the local team and manage resources to deliver competitive, high quality services.
• Develop and achieve a long-term strategy for profitable growth.
• Ensure that the local company complies with national laws and regulations, company policies and procedures, QHSE standards and the Company’s Code of Ethics.
• Maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the company’s local partners
• Experience of managing an engineering related service business in Africa
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant discipline
• Proven ability in commercial and operational management on a comparable scale
• 10-15 years of management and field experience in manufacturing, industrial and certification
• Excellent networking and business development skills
• Service oriented and able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
• Finance management skills; P&L accountability and responsibility for managing a legal entity
About the Company
CA Global are Africa recruitment specialists and specialise in recruitment across all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry within Africa. We specialise in placing expatriates on contractual or permanent basis, depending on our clients needs. We have an extensive network of candidates from around the world which is also made up of French and Portuguese speaking candidates. We are a very unique recruitment consultancy as we have an understanding of the African market not only within the Oil & Gas industry but also within the Mining, Construction & Engineering, Finance & Banking, IT Telecommunications, Transport logistics and Environmental. I have attached a brief overview of the engineering & construction division for your perusal.