Job description / Role
• Provide technical services to support the daily operational control of a large complex voice and data telecommunications and LAN/WAN system.
• Troubleshoot, operate, and maintain systems composed of microwave, fiber, two-way radios, leased circuits, cell modems, VSAT’s, SCADA radios, terminal servers, digital multiplexers, PBX/Call Managers, and alarm systems of various manufacturers (Alcatel, Aviat, NEC, Harris, New bridge, Nortel, MDS, SpectraCom, Telco, Cisco, DPS Telecom, etc.).
• The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide reliable and efficient telecommunications services to the offices and field sites located in Southern and Eastern Washington, Northwest Idaho, and Northeast Oregon.
• This position will be responsible for installing, testing, and maintaining all telecom and network equipment located within their assigned area of responsibility. This person will also be expected to occasionally work outside of their primary area of responsibility to assist other techs, help with projects, and to provide support while other techs are unavailable or busy.
• This position will be responsible for testing and maintaining on site DC power systems including batteries (12V, 24V, -48V), rectifiers, 15-25KW generators, transfer switches, fuse panels, solar panels and grounding.
• This position requires after hour’s on-call response to equipment failures and emergencies with occasional unscheduled overtime.
• Works closely with Telecommunications Engineers/Specialists to assure the reliable operations of the Company's Telecommunications assets.
• Interfaces with SCADA, Gas Control, Network Services, local operations and other support groups and outside vendors as needed.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Associate's or two-year technical school degree in electronics or military electronics training. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Valid FCC or networking license or other telecommunication certificates or licenses.
• Cisco training.
• Experience maintaining telecommunications infrastructure for a pipeline company or other related business.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to use computers and standard programs such as Windows, Outlook, MSWord, Visio, and Excel with requirement to learn other Windows and Non-Windows based programs
• 6+ years of field experience in Telecommunications operations and maintenance
• Must be highly motivated and eager to learn
• Must be able to develop work schedules, possess excellent interpersonal skills and work with little or no supervision
• Must be a team orientated individual, with the ability to work well with others
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Must be willing to travel using company provided vehicle. Overnight travel may occasionally be necessary.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Must be available for 24 hour call out. Must be willing to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Must be experienced in trailering equipment such as SnoCats, portable generator sets, and/or other type of small machines.
• Must be able to walk, bend, crawl, work in extreme heat, extreme cold, high noise, and enclosed spaces, while climbing ladders, and lifting items that weigh more than 50 lbs.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.