Job description / Role
To achieve the Company’s commercial objectives in the assigned area/territory by identifying new channels of business, building effective business relationships and enhancing brand visibility. Accountable for revenue achievement and overall market share growth. To drive the overall sales and achieve targets of the company ensuring productivity is in line with set measures and company’s adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
* Drives Business by leading the GSA sales team in the assigned area/territory to identify: new opportunities, new travel agencies and markets to grow sales and revenue based on market needs and conditions measured to Air Arabia products and services.
* Translates input received from sales teams into recommendations to Regional Manager based on cost/benefit analysis.
* Drives/supports sales target scales, objectives and performance parameters of the sales team in the assigned geographical area/territory.
* Constantly reviews financial data to evaluate performance, identify shortages, determine root causes, recommend changes to Area Manager, and implement corrective measures accordingly.
* Develops, capitalizes on and maintains effective relationships with external parties of different nature such as travel agencies, GSAs, government departments, ministries, tourism companies, as well as individual agents and trade companies, to enhance business and grow sales.
* Builds/maintains rapport with stakeholders and key customers in the respective area to ensure offers are made according to their needs and thereby enhance customer satisfaction
* Recognizes the unique needs of the assigned territory versus Air Arabia products and services; evaluates flights and fares with Revenue Management Team, identifies new route opportunities and recommends the same to CM/AM/RM with a proper business case.
* Collaborates with Marketing &Corporate Communications to coordinate marketing campaigns and activities such as road-shows, trade presentations, and FAM trips to ensure increased branding visibility.
* Conducts field visits, bench-mark studies and market analysis to keep abreast with competitors’ position, market conditions, and customer needs affecting market trends.
* Takes necessary action to ensure required load factors.
* Generates function-related performance reports regularly.
* Spends time coaching the sales team, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on all issues.
* Assists in recruiting staff in new areas, helps establish the office and monitors its operation.
* Selects travel agents based on established criteria.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
* Bachelor Degree in Management, Commerce, Sales, Marketing or equivalent.
* Additional qualification in Aviation/IATA/Tourism is a plus.
* Proficient in computer applications and usage of Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point.
* Fluent in English Language
* Conversational fluency in Tamil or Sinhalese.
* Valid driving license in the assigned territory is preferred.
* 5+ years of sales experience in hospitality/airline industry out of which 1 year at least in a Sales Management position; experience with low cost airline is an advantage.
* Sales experience in Sri Lanka is preferred.
* Possesses a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability.
* Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
* Established rapport with clients and government authorities, etc.
* Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive sales and marketing skills and techniques.
* Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives that support company’s objectives.
* Proven effective sales and marketing skills and techniques.
* Capable of analyzing, implementing, demonstrating and training employees on new concepts and initiatives related to scope of work.
* Capable of understanding market needs, trends, and planning accordingly.
* Customer oriented performer with excellent customer relationship skills.
* Attention to both results and details.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.