Job description / Role
• To operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
• Operates several types of power equipment such as compressors, pumps, hoists, cranes, shovels and tractors in a safe and efficient manner.
• Adjusts wheels and press pedals to drive machines and control attachments such as blades, buckets and swing booms.
• Places warning signs, flags or lights in front of and behind trucks when equipment is parked on travelled thoroughfare for construction or maintenance purposes.
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks and participates in routine maintenance.
• Advises supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Cleans all heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
• Ensures that all heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
• Ability to practice safe manoeuvring and lifting abilities.
• Knowledge and certificate of basic mechanics with experience to inspect heavy machinery, tires, oil and all fluid levels with general safety checks.
• Ability to read, understand and follow safety procedures.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in operating various type of heavy engineering construction equipment’s including dump trucks, forklifts with valid driving/operation license. Fluent in English language.
About the Company
RA International is a major force within the remote site and developing country support services sector. We have many years experience of providing government institutions, United Nations, NGOs, and major multinationals with all the services they need to quickly establish and maintain sites in Post-Conflict, the Oil and Gas, and Mining and Minerals industries.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to getting the job done, as quickly and effectively as possible. Here's some fast facts:
• Our Company Headquarters are in Dubai, UAE, with offices and projects in Afghanistan, Sudan, Southern Sudan, Kenya and Chad • We currently employ over 1000 international and national staff • The company was founded in 2003 as part of the Duncan-Narfeldt Group Ltd • RA International draws on 40 years experience in project management and support services in post-conflict environments and remote locations worldwide.