Crisis communicationis a sub-specialty of Public Relations whose purpose is to protect and maintain the reputation of the individuals and/or organisations. Crisis can have a negative effect on brand image. Brand identity is one of the most valuable assets of an organization. The main purpose of Crisis Communication team is toprotect the brand identity and maintain the organisation’s firm standing within the industry.
Who should take this course
Public Relations managers and directors. Internal Communications managers. External Communications managers. Corporate Affairs managers. Marketing managers.
- Introduction to crisis communications
- What constitutes a crisis?
- Different theories of crisis communications
- Who communicates?
- Crisis communication strategies
- Denial Evasion of Responsibility
- Reducing Corrective
- Action Mortification
- Crisis communication process
- Plan resources to be in place ahead of a crisis
- Prepare communications plan and press release templates
- Plan for dissemination of information to all publics during a crisis situation
- Training for crisis communications team Identify possible risks
- Assess the nature of the crisis and the communications environment at the time of the incident
- Collect and process pertinent information to guide the crisis management team in decision making
- Identify key stakeholders and create appropriate messages recognising which media channels to use how and when
- Provide follow-up crisis messages as necessary
- Review the successes and failures of the crisis communications team
- Scan the Internet for online discussions of the crisis
- Consult with those affected by the crisis to determine the organisation's role in future arrangements or events
- Reputation Management
- Managing the Media
- Organizing a Press Conference Conducting Radio and Television Interviews Social media and crisis response
- Putting it all into Practice
Case Study Exercise:
- Develop a crisis communications strategy and action plan based upon a given scenario
- Personal action planning
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.