Job description / Role
• To ensure Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work are adhered to within the Transport Department and all areas associated with delivering to the customer through the timely and accurate reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses.
• Maintain and further develop a high level of teamwork and morale within the Department
• To build rapport, trust and respect from the client and other internal customers
• To meet customer needs and deadlines acting with the customer in mind
• To motivate, develop and manage a team of 15+ support staff and in excess of 400 full time drivers or their equivalent to ensure that all Site and customer objectives are achieved
• Planning and executing up to 220 - 250 retail routes per day
• Oversee the management of up to 250 daily driver de-briefs, identifying and rectifying any areas of concern
• To deal with any disciplinary/absence related matters in line with Company procedures
• To ensure legal compliance is adhered to within the Transport Department so that any audits, whether internal or external, are conducted with satisfactory results
• Attractive Salary Package
• Must have previous in depth experience of working and managing people within a Transport environment plus experience of operating in a unionised environment.
• Must have working knowledge of Disciplinary and absence procedures
• Must have experience of handling multiple or complex issues under pressure
• Must have experience of building customer confidence through demonstrating a knowledge of the operation
• Must have a working understanding of legal requirements for transport operations
• Must be an effective time planner with the ability to balance workloads and work to deadlines whilst demonstrating commercial awareness
• Must have the ability to form strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.