Job description / Role
ESL Teachers, Taiwan. NO experience required - Excellent jobs for graduates!
m2r Education are looking for graduates who want to train in Taiwan to be an English Teacher! No experience needed!!! FREE TEFL and training provided!
You will be working with the largest private language school system in Taiwan, with over 250 schools across Asia, employing in excess of 600 teachers. With over 35yrs of experience you will work directly for them, in a stable, well established organisation.
You don't have to be from a teaching background either - you will be taught how to teach!
They require native English speakers to go join their ever-expanding team on a initial 1 year contract.
- FREE teacher training and TEFL certificate!
- Very low cost of living, great for saving and paying off those student loans!!
- Excellent travel opportunities across Asia
- Experience a different culture
- Apply with your friends and all join together
- Western management team
- Connect with over 600 teachers and get involved in company events and outings
- Free hotel stay for initial 10 days and then help with finding somewhere to live
- Work permit and health insurance provided
Cost of living examples:
Taiwan is a very cheap country and you will be able to save, on average it is 35% cheaper than London and 44% cheaper than New York
- Lunch - £3 / $3.75
- Bottle of beer (in a supermarket) - £1.30 / $1.60
- Underground ticket - 50p / 62c
- Shared apartment - £260 / $325
- Single studio apartment - £500 / $620
About their schools:
- All curricula is created inhouse, it is theme based and laid out easily for teachers.
- All teaching materials are provided
- Most classes will include a local Teaching Assistant
- Average class length is 2hrs
- Average class size is between 9-20 students (if more than 20, your hourly rate will increase too!)
- Minimum of 20 hours per week (on average most teachers teach 25-26 hours) the schedule depends on location. Given the size of the company, if you want more hours, this is available too.
- The location and school will all be confirmed upon arrival; however, you will be asked to provide your top 3 locations during the application process.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- If you hold a Associate degree you must have a ESL qualification (TEFL/TESOL)
- Passport holder from either USA, CAN, UK, IRE, AUS or NZ
- No experience is required all training is provided when you arrive.
- 1 year commitment
- FREE recognized TEFL qualification once you complete the training
- Guaranteed minimum 20 hours of teaching per week
- Between 620 & 660 NT (c.£16 / $20) per hour, with yearly raises of up to 40NT per hour, to a maximum of 800 NT ( £21 / $26)
- 1-year, renewable contract with end of year bonuses.
- 10 days of training in Taipei followed by class observations at your assigned school.
- Hotel stay (free of charge) during the initial 10-day training.
- 1-month end of contract leave if you sign for another year
- 14 days’ unpaid leave
- If you are looking for a new adventure or are just starting your ESL career, contact us now!
Ongoing starts (please note that it will take up to 8 weeks to process your work visa before entering Taiwan)
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.