Job description / Role
For Immediate Hiring
Objectives of Assignment
• The main purpose of this Consultancy Service is in providing technical expertise to support the development of a Marketing Plan and the establishment of Pricing Models that will assist in setting profitable tariffs.
Scope of Services
• Provide the framework and transfer of skills necessary for compiling an effective Marketing Plan for the client. Assist in developing a Marketing Plan covering freight, parcel and passenger services valid for the next two years.
• Establish a methodology for assigning rail costing variables and defining their potential relationship to prices.
• Assist in identifying major customers for the services, in evaluating the competitive environment in respect of medium and long-distance freight transport in Tanzania, and in proposing strategies to make the organization services attractive and competitive particularly in respect of pricing and service quality.
• Assist in providing a portfolio of pricing strategies and in establishing appropriate Rail Pricing Models (including long-term contracts for customers providing large volumes of freight) to compete with road services and grow freight service volume.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Economics or related subject is essential. MBA or equivalent is also essential. Education must include the theory of pricing.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in marketing/pricing. Minimum of five years’ marketing-related experience in the railway/transport sector.
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).