Job description / Role
For Immediate Hiring
Objectives of the Assignment
• The primary objective of the assignment is to provide subject experts in project management and specialist railway technical knowledge to reinforce the organization “Client” ineffective preparation and implementation of activities.
• In addition to the roles associated with each expert’s skills, each expert is expected to build capacity and transfer knowledge to the counterpart members of Organization “Client”, through on-the-job training. This will be an integral part of the project and will form part of the Consultant’s performance assessment.
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
• The Project Manager / Team Leader has responsibility for leading the implementation of the project and ensuring that the project is completed effectively. He / She will provide a monthly briefing note on project progress to Director Technical Services and Managing Director.
• The Project Manager / Team will review and update the overall implementation schedule for the Project (s) and will monitor and report on the physical and financial progress of the works undertaken by the Contractor(s), and the work of the Engineer(s). PM/TL, in consultation with the Client staff, shall identify and initiate remedial actions to avoid or mitigate implementation delays, cost overruns, poor quality of studies, designs and works, unmitigated environmental impacts, and other problems. PM/TL shall assist the Client in the use of state-of-the-art project management software and hardware necessary to produce the outcomes to monitor and assess the implementation of the project and work progress. PM/LT shall train the Client staff on the use of the software and hardware for project management.
• The oversight activities of the Project Manager / Team Leader are intended to ensure that all activities, actions, and processes are delivered on time and according to best practice for the execution of infrastructure rail works, and shall include preparing or overseeing Contract implementation as appropriate, by the contractor, or Client’s staff, through the following actions:
• Establish a Project Management and Control System to schedule, plan, monitor and track the physical and financial progress of the project, including critical path activities.
• Participate in key meetings and field visits and progress review meetings and identify problems that may cause delays and develop and implement cost-effective measures to resolve them and in consultation with the Client.
• Support the Client in developing and maintaining the electronic backups and maintenance of a contract documentation control system and Project archive containing all relevant documents related to the Project, including correspondence, reports, engineering drawings, technical specifications, bid and contracts documents, maps, working papers, and other reference material used or created during the period of work, in a properly indexed reference format for efficient and easy use by the Employer and relevant /stakeholder outside reviewers.
• Assist the Client in tracking variation orders, address delays in performance and the reasons for them, troubleshoot problems, and completion of works.
• Support the Client in the verification and monitoring of the costs of services and works.
• Assist the Client in completing orderly and comprehensively closeout of contracts and contract files as per the contracts.
• Assist the Client in the determination on the Contractor’s claims, and determination on the dispute and advise the Client accordingly.
• Assist the Client in preparing and installing Contract Management system (including software and hardware where necessary), test and conduct the training to the relevant staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• The Project Manager / Team Leader shall have a Degree, preferably postgraduate in engineering, and/or project management and should have at least 18 years or more of international professional experience in managing large multi-disciplinary railway projects.
• He / She will have demonstrated knowledge, expertise, experience, and familiarity with the set-up and management of railway engineering projects.
• He / She should have experience of using modern management software and tools for project management.
• He / She should able to demonstrate successful delivery of complex rail projects with multiple stakeholders.
• He / She will possess good interpersonal and communication skills in English.
• Experience in the transfer of knowledge and management skills to client staff would be preferable.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)