Job description / Role
Our client is a 23 years old multinational with Head Quarters in Hong Kong and Malaysia. The organisation has interests across education, travel, direct selling, property development, and eCommerce. With more than 10 businesses, they directly employ over 2000 people across Asia, Europe, USA and the Middle East.
Being at the post- cloud migration phase of our Digital Transformation, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Technology to help lead us through the next phase.
Reporting to the CIO, the Head of Technology will influence key technology investment decisions and help uplift the technology department of over 170 people.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Leading the technology strategy and helping to scale product development as well as driving continued innovation
• Driving engineering vision and architecture. Focusing on security and site integrity of our eStore and Commission Engine, in addition to data compliance and testing
• Selecting key technology products to maximise the value of our Microsoft Azure investment, working closely with the infra team to enable CI/CD DevOps practices across the organisation
• Designing and employing needed architects across the department
• Be responsible for the delivery of all software, including velocity and quality, and own the product roadmap
• Developing a series of POCs and minimum viable products in line with business needs
• Growing the engineering team and leading them through product development and launch
• Working closely with Marketing, Business Development, Operations and other stakeholders to define and deliver new products and enhancements across the board.
• Mentoring and uplifting department skills to align with modern technology company practices
• 10+ years’ experience as a Senior Manager within technology department
• Relevant tertiary qualification; e.g Bachelor of Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• Experience in Agile software development; DevOps CI/CD
• High level of technical knowledge and expertise in IT management systems;
• A detailed understanding of web application, performance optimisation, infrastructure and Azure or other cloud technologies.
• Knowledge of building and consuming REST APIs
• Knowledge of ASP.NET, C#, PHP/Magento preferred
• Ability to effectively handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations.
• Normal hours/Shift: Normal hours
• Travel (Minimal/Moderate/Extensive): Moderate Communications:
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)