Job description / Role
• To monitor adherence to feed and product plans in order to optimize Gross refinery margin
• To perform margin variance analysis to identify margin leakage and develop action plan to close gaps
• To develop margin improvement by following the dollars to identify opportunity to improve margin and develop action plan
• To follow up results of the implementation of the optimum plan/ advice in order to seek opportunity and information for continuous improvement in planning assumption/ basic data/ tools, planning and economic evaluation processes
• To steer investigative efforts/ investments in refinery plants in order to capitalize on/ accommodate changing conditions/ requirements of the supply end
• Ensure that resources, such as planning tool, scheduling tool, crude cutting tool, refinery simulator and commercial/technical information etc., are efficiently and effectively used and well maintained in order to achieve the reliable, accurate, timely and optimal outputs.
• Development and maintenance of Linear Programming (LP) model, assay re-cutting tool and Scheduling tool in order to improve quality of production plan/ scheduling and company profitability
• Review process LP basic data, process unit capacity, process constraint in order to ensure both Planning tool (LP) and Scheduling tool well reflect process unit representation for economic optimization
• To be custodian of Digitalization related work of Supply Chain Optimization in order to continuously enhance performance by making use of advance IT and Digital technology
• To be custodian of Value Chain Management of Supply Chain Optimization in order to well control and drive the whole Supply Chain work process in place and continue improve up to best industry standard
• Refer to Company’s QSHE policy guidelines when performing, supervising, managing assigned tasks to ensure that QSHE objectives are met with high performance
• Note: This position will be reporting to Supply Chain Optimization Vice President and will be leading a team of 4
• Margin Steering for Daily economic optimization
• Initiatives, economic check and challenge to push the constraint
• Identify margin leakage and margin improvement opportunities for further improving company profit
• Economic evaluation of new investment
• Develop Tools for planning and scheduling
• Seeking and applying Digital technologies to substantially improve work process efficiency
• Post mortem of actual performance compared with plan (Margin Variance Analysis)
• Strengthen Operation Excellence Management System (OEMS) in Supply Chain Optimization by focusing in Value Chain Management
• Experience: 10+ years in supply chain optimization
• Expertise in economic optimization, Supply chain tool e.g., assay, LP, APS, Production planning, Scheduling operation, Price, market outlook, supply and Process/ Plant Operations
• Key economic drivers to steer plant
• Recommend economic justification of internal and external business synergy projects and commercial deal
• Scheduling models, crude cutting tools that provide a fit-for-purpose representation of refinery capabilities/constraints
• Collaborate with the economists, refinery schedulers, and technologists to assure integrity of models and quality of output
• Achieve Supply chain optimization best in class
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.