Job description / Role
• Monitor and test the Gateway network elements per written operational procedures.
• Perform remote maintenance as necessary or as directed per written operational procedures.
• Accomplish items on SRV PM Checklists per written operational procedures.
• Produce trending and tracking reports per written operational procedures.
• Notify internal and external parties in timely manner when service-impacting issues occur per written operational procedures.
• Basic troubleshooting of customer trouble tickets per written operational procedures.
• Escalate non-standard events to Network Control Specialist Shift Lead or Management.
• Respond to Iridium alerts in a timely manner and initiate corrective actions to restore network services.
• Coordinate fault resolution with senior personnel and vendor support items.
• Make recommendations and take actions to prevent/restore network interruption and/or service degradations.
• Provide Tier 1 technical support for customer care and network elements as assigned.
• Utilize Operations reporting systems, processes, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate trouble ticket resolution and activity reports.
• Ensure Iridium’s policies and code of conduct are understood and complied with.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Complete the Iridium GTO Foundational training within 30 days of employment.
• Complete the Iridium GTO Infrastructure training within 90 days of employment.
• Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 1 training within 180 days of employment.
• Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 2 training within 210 days of employment.
• Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 3 training within 240 days of employment. Demonstrate Basic Networking and Linux operating skills.
• Demonstrate Basic User level Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, OneNote and Power Point)
• Demonstrate customer service skills with the ability to handle customer issues with diplomacy, tact, and a concern for the customer needs.
• Ability to work with the cross functional teams to automate reactive procedures where possible, and to promote rapid response to known issues
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or Technical education preferred
• 1 year experience as IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
• Technical Industry Certification in the following disciplines A+, and Network+, preferred
• Experience in a telecommunications environment or similar required
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.