Job description / Role
• Responsible for supervising shop personnel related to piping fabrication & assembly required for successful completion of project.
• Required to ensure adherence to international standards, schedule and fabrication sequence
• Responsible for supervising fabrication & assembly activities and trade and shop personnel related to the discipline.
• Monitor daily shop activity details and daily progress in his area maintain the highest quality standards while administering good safety practices with all shop activities.
• Promote on job safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify job site hazards immediately.
• Regularly participate in HSE meetings, toolbox talks and daily jobsite walks and keep a meticulous record of these.
• Prepare reports and forecasts relating to fabrication progress, job manpower forecasts etc.
• Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and procedures and with the project objectives for safety, quality, productivity, schedule and cost.
• Provide solutions to subcontractor’s problems in order to achieve the successful execution of the project
• Responsible for the implementation of fabrication work processes, project procedures and instructions within assigned operations
• Ensure that the material handed over to the Subcontractor is controlled, preserved and issued for the intended purpose.
• Serve as a coach and mentor for less experienced staff
• Responsible for the completion activities within schedule and budget requirements
• Has responsibility to take decisions relating to allocated work scope to ensure completion to schedule, quality and budget
• Ensure Optimum performance from allocated subcontractor and vendor personnel
• Report to Fabrication Superintendent and frequent contact with construction staff
• Refer to HR/OD- Competency Management System (CMS)
Project: Clean Fuel Project (CFP) – Refinery
Location: Sriracha, Thailand
Contract Type: Permanent (Site Based)
Department: Construction Resources
• 5 + years of experience in direct hire Piping Fabrication & Erection
• 5 - 10 years of experience in the oil & gas or related industry
• Experience of working with an international E&C company
• Excellent leadership and communications skills
• Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria
• Experience of working in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS/FSU), Middle East Far east and/or North Africa
• For Omani nationals, the years of experience is as per Omani Market Norms
• Works on a Fabrication Shop with not less than seven hours or 70% of their day spent in the shop floor with supervisors and craft personnel
• Work from Monday to Saturday (6 days)
• 8 Hours work day
• Salary Range: Competitive Monthly Basic Salary + Estimated Overtime (26 days x 2 hours)=52hrs
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.