Job description / Role
• The job holder is responsible for the sales in the designated area of responsibility according to the global footwear growth strategy for the APAC region.
• Major focus will be on identifying and converting new growth customer’s opportunities for PU and TPU materials in the footwear segment with new and existing customers in the region and with a special focus on Taiwanese transplant OEMs and Molders.
• Job holder shall also maintain the profitability of existing business with existing customers and aiming at highest profitable shares of purchase volumes at each customer, in line with the regional marketing plan.
• The jobholder is required to act and communicate effectively across functional, cultural and international boundaries and therefore needs to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and well-developed thinking and influencing competencies.
• He/she will need to act and take decisions independently whereby keeping alignment to the overall business strategies.
• The jobholder also must possess excellent tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with senior personnel internally and externally, and must demonstrate self-managing and initiative competencies to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
• The job holder needs to be a professional combining a university degree in chemistry (or similar through experience) with a minimum of 5 years of sound professional experience in sales functions, technical service and possess a good understanding of the specialty plastics market (preferably in polyurethanes) and a deep and broad value chain understanding, particularly in the footwear industry.
• Detailed knowledge of PU/TPU application technology, the footwear industry and footwear value chain is essential.
• A sound social and psychological approach and the ability to work in different cultures is a key requirement.
• Fluency in Mandarin and English, both written and spoken, is essential and Thai is a plus.
• Willingness to travel frequently within Thailand , Myanmar ,Laos & Philippines is essential
• Nationality: Taiwanese national preferred
• Mandarin fluency is a must
• Responsible for PU (polyurethane) material product sales to footwear manufacturing industry in Thailand
• Bachelor Degree in relevant field
• 3 years of working experience in the footwear industry in Thailand
• Good command of English speaking, reading, writing and listening.
• Thai language ability is a plus.
• Candidates must be currently located in Thailand
The jobholder is responsible for delivering the budgeted volume and contribution margin for his/her accounts, mainly located in Thailand, Myanmar, Laos and Philippines. This includes:
• Lead and drive account plans, budgets and forecasts which deliver the agreed strategic objectives of value and profit generation from the region, with a strong focus on volume growth in the footwear segment.
• Provide prompt technical service to resolve any urgent/sudden issue at the customer’s production. Basic trouble shooting on PU and TPU processes; and evaluation of new material when introducing new grades and applications.
• Timely and effectively report activities using the tools used by the business (e.g. C4C and visit reports)
• Maintain and review the view on the opportunities by using the tools provided by the business (e.g. C4C and opportunity funnel)
• Proactively strengthen relationships with molders, shoe makers and brand offices in order to identify new Growth customer’s opportunities and projects in a timely fashion.
• Particular emphasis on the Taiwanese/Chinese transplants (growth customers)
• Gather relevant market information for the footwear team which provides the basis to recommend strategies for action/growth in the strategic markets consistent with delivering the agreed strategic positioning.
• Establish a high standard of Market Intelligence for footwear in his region, in particular market shares, penetration of all company footwear products in target markets and relative competitive positions with alternative competition.
• Support Marketing and Communication in the development of a plan aiming at increasing brand awareness and value proposition of relevant footwear brands in the region.
• Take an active interest in the EHS standards at all customers.
• Act personally at all times in a safe manner including adherence to the Safe Drive policy
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.