Steam turbines of several types which have widely varying configurations and applications. The course is devoted to operation characteristics and will as such cover the operating principles. With the help of extensive graphics and animation which provides a virtual exposure on Large Steam Turbines and Governors and other Control Systems.
Who should take this course
Operators especially Supervisors, Superintendents, Senior technicians.
- Steam Turbines
- Operating principles Impulse turbines
- Reaction turbines
- Steam Turbine components
- Turbine rotors
- Rotor Dynamics
- Blading Lube oil management
- Bearings Balancing finding the resultant vector
- Multistage Pumps Overview.
- Overview of selection and sizing of steam turbines for reliability
- Steam water rates
- Condensing and backpressure turbines Single
- Multistage types
- Understanding how pressure velocity compounding is accomplished
- Understanding the losses in steam turbines
- Loss due to friction
- Residual Velocity loss Loss due to mechanical friction
- Understanding Materials of Construction
- General metallurgical behaviour
- Turbine blade materials
- Corrosion problems
- Wear problems Future materials Coating technology
Methodology for training:
- Comprehensive Manual Extensive
- Back Up Power Point Presentations 3D Multimedia for Steam
- Turbines Question paper for steam turbine multi choice Case studies & group studies.
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.