The training covers the basic elements of:
- Elements Atoms/Molecules/Molecular structure
- Molecular structure of common metals
- Properties of metals
- Theory of crystals/crystallography
- Chemical equilibrium
- Elements of extractive metallurgy
- Solid solutions
- Metal solidification and properties
- Heat treatment of metals
- Heat treat of steel
- Metal treatment methods and their objectives
- Metal failure and measures to avert failures
- Metal forming
- Metal testing and inspection methods.
- Mouldings Castings & Surface Treatment Extrusions
Who should take this course
This training is designed for engineers and operations personnel of process plants refineries it is a basic course for personnel who have a limited or no knowledge of the basics of Metallurgy and who also want to learn the basic techniques of various processes as mention above.
Day 1 - Basics of Physical Chemistry:
- Atoms Molecules and crystals
- Common elements
- Atomic structure How atoms combine Crystal and crystalline materials
- Metal Processing Techniques
- Presses and Press Forming
- How a press works.
- The press forming techniques
- Materials used on pressings - discuss
- Duplex Inconel Titaniu Phosphor Bronze
- Understanding Metal Pressing
- Coatings Zinc plate Galvanised Powder Coating
Day 2- Chemical Equilibrium:
- Heat and Temperature
- Compound formation
- Types of reactions effects of heat Instruments for measuring temperature
- Metal Processing Techniques Moulding
- Understanding Injection Moulding.
- What is blow Moulding Rotational Moulding
- Understanding Vacuum Forming Different stages of Moulding - Pressure Die
Day 3 - Metal Refining:
- Primary methods for refining steel
- Basic oxygen and electric furnace processes
- Ladle metallurgy-electrolytic refining of non-ferrous metals
- Metal Processing Techniques Castings Paintings/Coatings
- Casting Processes Process
- Design of Castings
- Understanding Microstructure of Castings
- Grain structure Chemical inhomogeneity for Castings
- Porosity of Castings
- Casting Alloys
Day 4 - Solidification of Metal:
- Patterns of atoms in solid metals
- Stages of crystal growth
- Formation of grain boundaries Phase diagrams Ingot casting and continuous castings
- Metal Processing Techniques
- Understanding the Extrusion
- Types Hot Extrusion Cold extrusion Friction Extrusion Micro Extrusions
- Extrusion Defects and how to avoid
Day 5 - Heat Treatment of Steel Fundamentals:
- Types of steel Structure of Iron - relation between carbon content and mircostructures Austenite bainite and martensite
- Main type of heat treating furnaces Atmospheres and quenching media
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.