Job description / Role
As the Commissioning Producer for Current Affairs , you will work closely with the Commissioning Producer for Current Affairs and assist him/her while at the same time demonstrating creative and collaborative skills ensuring fresh, original, high quality and high-profile productions, Current Affairs packages, segments, documentaries and segments appropriate to TRT Arabic content . Working closely with Channel Controllers across all platforms, you’ll ensure our programmes are delivered at the highest editorial standard; within time and on budget.
- To be responsible for producing their part of the Commissioning strategy across the television portfolio.
- To ensure commissions are based on a sound understanding of cost, quality, delivery date.
- Rights exploitation and funding needs. To ensure that across all channels the sub-genre is.
- Meeting proportionality targets and the Independents quota.
- To consistently deliver fresh, original, high quality, high-profile productions to TRT Arabic.
- To be responsible for ensuring that programmes deliver on time and budget and to an
- editorially high standard. Delivering to realistic budgets, scheduling and monitoring progress on programmes, anticipating problems and taking appropriate action.
- To be aware of and nurture new production talent.
- To be responsible for setting and maintaining editorial standards; to take responsibility for legal and editorial issues.
- To build close contacts with external partners and co-producers, ‘marketing’ a positive image of the channel.
- To take an active interest in strategic issues affecting the department.. This includes looking broadly for solutions to problems and considering the wider implications of specific decisions by acting in a way consistent with the overall interest of the department.
- Sound understanding of the broadcasting industry and output across the channel.
- Excellent track record as a programme maker, ideally at Producer level, displaying strong Journalistic and programme-making skills, and experience of prime-time television production.
About the Company
At TRT Arabi we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.