Job description / Role
The Digital Executive Producer, Planning and Projects is responsible for leading the planning section across TRT Arabi's digital platforms and also is responsible for leading all special reporting and projects.
The role will require a candidate who is versatile and has experience across all forms of digital production, including digital video, social media publication as well as regular production across the web.
The candidate will manage the planning team as well as staff who have been allocated to run special reports and projects determined by editorial requirements. This role also includes collaborating on special projects with editorial teams working across TRT Arabi's television properties. The successful candidate will make crucial editorial decisions; exercise strong editorial judgment; and rules on issues.
• Manage the Planning Team as well as any staff allocated to run any special reports or projects.
• Run necessary editorial operations.
• Lead editorial meetings.
• Along with the Manager of Digital Content, set the vision and decide on special reports and coverage.
• Continuously drive innovation around content > Approve content for publishing.
• Communicate relevant decisions to management and other departments when required.
• Carry out duties in line with editorial guidelines and ethics of TRT Arabi.
• Substantial relevant practical experience.
• First class news judgment and comprehensive understanding of Global events, current affairs and trends.
• Understanding digital and video journalism.
• Excellent team leadership skills.
• Ability to assess new information and react quickly to editorial developments.
• Excellent communication ability.
• Sound knowledge of video production techniques and technology.
• Thorough knowledge of digital platforms.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong grasp of newsroom operations and workflow.
• Strong grasp of social media ecosystems.
• Proven relevant experience.
• At least 8 years experience in editorial roles.
• Impeccable Arabic writing and editing skills
• Fluency in English highly advantageous.
• A proven track record of success.
About the Company
At TRT Arabi we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.