Job description / Role
NTS Group is exclusively working with a leading global pharmaceutical company to recruit a Head of Finance in Istanbul, Turkey.
Reporting into the Country Manager, with dotted line to the Regional Finance Director, this position will lead all finance activities for Turkey, including financial governance, transactional processes and reporting, as well as provision of financial business partnering to support the commercial strategy and its execution.
• Oversee all related day to day accounting operations and month-end close procedures to ensure books are compliant with IFRS and corporate accounting guidance, and with Tax requirements.
• Facilitate month-end close process, including reviewing financial statements and account reconciliations, investigating variances and creating adjusting journal entries.
• Lead the provision of financial business partnering for Turkey, ensuring that strategies and plans are well structure, financials are stable and accurate, risks are managed, and information is communicated in a clear manner with full transparency.
• Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analysing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Partner with the Board to ensure ability to meet regional and corporate requirements and manage expectations.
• Lead the optimisation of Turkey working capital (AR, AP and Inventories).
• Periodically assess the financial risks related to the business and those related to internal controls. Implement improvements and remediation when necessary.
• Manage internal and external audits.
• Build strong working relationships with multiple internal stakeholders, especially the Regional Finance team to ensure full understanding and correct usage of company reporting and forecasting tools.
• Manage external service providers (such as outsourced accounting teams) to ensure delivery of quality services on time, with least cost and full compliance.
• Manage cash flow requirements and submit funding requests when needed
• Manage the budget vs Actual variance reporting; including for Departmental budgets
• Works to the highest levels of integrity and compliance, adhering to company Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times
Experience & Knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in finance; Professional Accounting qualification / MBA preferred.
• Excellent command of English and Turkish language.
• Minimum of 5-8 years as a Finance Manager or similar role.
• Knowledge and experience of the Pharma industry in Turkey, particularly of the overall value chain, to enable effective business partnering.
• Proven history of implementing financial controls and management at a market level, within an international company.
• Knowledge of an established ERP solution such as SAP and experience in implementation.
• Proven history of seeking out new information and learning quickly – agility to absorb new concepts, analyse data and ask insightful questions to make effective decisions.
• Ability to work within and lead cross-functional teams, effectively communicating and influencing decisions with senior management, including ability to question and challenge business partners.
• Ability to “flex” across different types of cultures, complexities and matrix partners.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to create energy and excitement.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of BI software PowerBI, QlikView, etc. would be advantageous
• Experience in startup space is a plus.
About the Company
NTS Group is a leading specialist recruitment firm and experts at recruiting skilled, qualified and professional people in the Middle East.
Our promise is simple. To provide our clients and candidates an expert, professional and bespoke service whilst maintaining the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
NTS Group specialise within contingency, retained and search based recruitment campaigns across the following sectors;
Finance & Accountancy Professional Office Support Sales & Marketing Operations
To our clients, we understand people are your biggest asset and the future of your business. This is why we focus on understanding not only your technical requirements, but your culture, values and vision in order to find the right people for your business first time.
To our candidates, we believe in honesty, integrity and supporting you throughout the entire process. We listen to what you want and proactively go to market to assist you in finding your dream job.
Regional Finance Controller
A Leading Company In The UAE
Ignite Search & Selection
A Leading Company In Bahrain