Job description / Role
We are now hiring for an Interview Producer in Istanbul.
The Interview Producer is an editorial position, filled by those responsible for contributing guest interviews to TRT Arabic programs. Interview Producers are responsible for ensuring that TRT Arabic’s coverage of news events include the most interesting and relevant voices on general international news focused on Middle East.
- Participate in regular editorial meetings to identify topics for interview segments.
- Book suitable guests for daily programs and breaking news events.
- Research interview topics and individual guests.
- Produce background briefs for presenters and program teams.
- Maintain a strong personal contacts while building and maintaining TRT Arabic's guest Rolodex
- Keep abreast of local, national, and Middle East Region current events, as well as online news sources.
- May be required to writes news copy and scripts to accompany pieces, and use newsroom desktop editing technology to cut pictures and interview clips.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Experience in guest booking in Middle East Region news.
- An excellent contacts book and proven experience of delivering guests interviews.
- An inquisitive mind, good telephone manner and ability to convince guests to appear.
- Capable of creatively developing interviews that will inform and engage audiences.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple department so secure logistical bookings.
- Must be capable of working long hours, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in television news required.
About the Company
At TRT World we're building a global community focused around change. We’re looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.