Job description / Role
- To build and maintain a successful Primary Years Programme (PYP) within the school by providing an educational atmosphere conductive to learning and developing through the process of inquiry.
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons
- Make acute and productive use of assessment
- Manage behavior effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate the IB Learner Profile and make a positive contribution to the wider life of the school.
- Reporting to: PYP Coordinator
- Number required: 1
- Duration: 1 year contract - renewable
- Desired start date: September 2020
- Probation: 3 months
- Working Hours: Monday -Friday 8:00 am -3:30 pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education or relevant field
Nature and length of previous experience:
- +2 years experience in a primary school setting (EY1-Grade 5).
- English, Turkish
About the Company
Welcome to SDC where "we measure success one happy school at a time!"
School Development Consultants (SDC) was registered as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in 1999. SDC is an education services and consultancy firm based in Lebanon offering its services to schools and educational institutions in Lebanon, and in particular, to the Learner’s World International Schools (LWIS) Network.
Since 2014, SDC Offshore has offered similar services to members of the LWIS Network across the Middle East and Africa.
At present, the LWIS Network is made up of seven schools; four in Lebanon, one in Turkey (Istanbul), one in the UAE (Dubai), and one in KSA (Riyadh). Three of the schools in Lebanon and the school in Dubai are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The school in Riyadh is accredited by AdvancED.
While the schools in Lebanon offer a tailor-made American Curriculum, three of them are authorized International Baccalaureate World Schools for the Diploma Programme (IB DP), and one is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School for the International Baccalaureate - Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). The Lebanese Program is also on offer in all four schools. In addition, the schools in Lebanon are Microsoft Schools1 and offer the Microsoft Imagine Academy2 program.
The school in Istanbul will be applying for IB PYP consideration during its first year of operation (2020-2021) followed by candidacy and authorization. The schools in Dubai and Riyadh offer a tailor-made American Curriculum.