Job description / Role
We are now hiring for a Planning Producer in Istanbul.
The Planning Producer is a member of the team that generates future story ideas and assignments for TRT Arabic. You will have a highly developed knowledge of General International News focused on Middle East Region and along with other planning team colleagues you will generate ideas, maintain forward diaries and develop contacts with relevant organizations and guests. You will be expected to brief other journalists and organize filming assignments and logistics.
- Generate research and develop story ideas.
- Be a respected member of the planning team.
- Assist in finding case studies, briefing the news editor on logistical issues.
- Prepare and supervise diary entries, gather news information, source guests and filming and online opportunities.
- Significant experience of working in the news media industry.
- Extensive existing contacts with news sources.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities and lead others.
- Self-starting and ability to think laterally.
- Problem solver.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
About the Company
At TRT Arabi we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.