Job description / Role
We are now hiring for Presenters covering a range of subject areas in Istanbul. All applicants are required to submit a link to their presentation.
The presenter's duties are primarily to present, either individually or as part of a team, a wide variety of news and current affairs material for the screen.
• Presents the channel's news output, either alone or with a colleague, with whatever that entails in terms of reading news items and lead?ins, conducting live interviews and presenting unscripted coverage of breaking news stories as required.
• Writes or edits material for programme scripts, bulletins and links, exercising editorial judgment, maintaining professional journalistic standards and adhering to station policy and legal and contractual guidelines.
• Undertakes interviewing and reporting duties, under broad direction in both recorded and live situations, in studio or on location.
• Prepares and presents bulletins, which may include assessing incoming copy, sub?editing news copy and deploying the necessary resources.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Must have a proven track record in journalism with extensive knowledge of news and current affairs.
• Demonstrated first class news judgment.
• Obvious aptitude for or experience of presentation.
• Must be confident and assured on screen.
• Must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrable confidence in front of the camera.
• Should have the ability and confidence to ad?lib confidently when required.
• Should have the ability to conduct interviews with a wide?range of interviewes with flair and authority.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Minimum of 4 years experience.
Please make sure you upload your resume with complete experience and education related to this job ad.
About the Company
At TRT Arabic we're building a global community focused around change. We're looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.