Job description / Role
We are now hiring for Programme Editors in Istanbul.
The Programme Editor is responsible for producing news bulletins, liaising with news desks for global coverage needs, managing graphics production, liaising with gallery staff and editing scripts for programs.
• Produce accurate, balanced, well produced, impartial, informative, up-to-date & viewer focused bulletins or News programs.
• Ensure content and coverage is consistent with TRT Arabic's Editorial Policies and values.
• Read in and have an overview of General International News focused on Middle East Region updates through all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers ...etc.).
• Participate in the editorial meeting and propose ideas on what news stories need more coverage and content development.
• Discuss ideas with the news teams and producers and decide on what stories should be presented for the day.
• Approve guests and follows up with the interview desk to contact guests and book satellite time.
• Review packages and reports and propose comments.
• Report and produce from the field.
• Write scripts, Headlines, Promos and main pages in bulletins, openings and closings for programs/ reports and edit videos for stories to be presented.
• Direct the broadcasting crew during the shift.
• Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, interview desk, satellite desk, and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned.
• Originate and develop news and strands.
• Current Location: Anywhere
• Soft Skills and Personality traits: Able to manage and motivate teams.
• Nature and length of previous experience: Media background
• Language Fluency: Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
About the Company
At TRT World we're building a global community focused around change. We’re looking beyond the headlines to drive meaningful conversations that empower. We want to connect people across the globe to issues that matter. We explore the reality behind the hashtags and the people behind the statistics. We will seek to unpack the issues behind each story.
By placing the human at the heart of each story we hope to promote a global conscience that provokes moral reactions - revealing a deeper understanding of the diversity of the lives around us.