Job description / Role
- To build and maintain a successful Primary Years Programme (PYP) within the school by providing an educational atmosphere conductive to learning and developing through the process of inquiry.
- Design, prepare and deliver high quality lessons to suit the individual needs of all students in line with the PYP.
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success and improve.
- Liaise with the PYP Coordinator to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom.
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, evening events, and conferences
- Reporting to: PYP Coordinator
- Duration: 1 year contract - renewable
- Desired start date: September 2020
- Probation: 3 months
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am -3:30 pm
- BA in Education or related field
Other certifications obtained:
- Teaching Diploma/Certificate
Nature and length of previous experience:
- +2 years of teaching experience in IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) as well as using computers and technologies in teaching.
- IB -Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Knowledge of early childhood education
About the Company
Welcome to SDC where "we measure success one happy school at a time!"
School Development Consultants (SDC) was registered as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in 1999. SDC is an education services and consultancy firm based in Lebanon offering its services to schools and educational institutions in Lebanon, and in particular, to the Learner’s World International Schools (LWIS) Network.
Since 2014, SDC Offshore has offered similar services to members of the LWIS Network across the Middle East and Africa.
At present, the LWIS Network is made up of seven schools; four in Lebanon, one in Turkey (Istanbul), one in the UAE (Dubai), and one in KSA (Riyadh). Three of the schools in Lebanon and the school in Dubai are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The school in Riyadh is accredited by AdvancED.
While the schools in Lebanon offer a tailor-made American Curriculum, three of them are authorized International Baccalaureate World Schools for the Diploma Programme (IB DP), and one is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School for the International Baccalaureate - Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). The Lebanese Program is also on offer in all four schools. In addition, the schools in Lebanon are Microsoft Schools1 and offer the Microsoft Imagine Academy2 program.
The school in Istanbul will be applying for IB PYP consideration during its first year of operation (2020-2021) followed by candidacy and authorization. The schools in Dubai and Riyadh offer a tailor-made American Curriculum.