Job description / Role
Translator Spanish - English, Midstream & Downstream Oil & Gas
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Upstream & Midstream Oil & Gas
Based in: Trinidad & Tobago
The Translator/Interpreter Spanish-English is responsible for translation of verbal communications and documentation related to oil and gas project. Duties for the Translator include translation support for the meetings, compiling reports, communication of senior managers with other personnel on the site, contractors, customers and other third parties, translation of technical documentation, manuals, instructions and any other related documentation. The Translator could be based in either a field or corporate location.
Primary Job Function:
• Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
• Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages (English-Spanish), orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible and with a high degree of accuracy in both languages
• Demonstrated linguistic and cultural competence, and fluent level proficiency of oil and gas terminology.
• Listen to speakers' statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
• Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for technical oil and gas, legal or financial material.
• Read written materials, such as legal documents, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
• Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
• Refer to reference materials, such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks, as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
• Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
• Check original texts or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
• Provide general administrative support to a team of senior managers
• Producing various documents both in English and Spanish text material
• Arrange travel itineraries and hotel bookings through preferred travel agency or in-house personnel
• Arrange meetings and prepare meeting materials
• Perform other administrative duties that maybe assigned as and when required
• With at least 3 years of Spanish-English translation experience in oil and gas industry
• Have experience dealing with senior management
• Has excellent command of Spanish and English languages
• Must be at least a high-school or college degree holder
• Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Able to do multi task roles and thrive in a pressurized working environment
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
• Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
• Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
About the Company
Emergio DMCC is a privately-owned global enterprise specialized in multi-asset physical trading and logistics operating in the Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum products’ sector.
The brand operates as part of a group of companies across the globe with business activities in diverse sectors that include trading, shipping, financial services, and logistics. This level of expertise enables us to capitalize on our in-depth knowledge of the market and efficiently flow through market movements in the form of informed expert decisions.