This finance course for the non-financial manager is designed for business owners managers and other professionals who need an understanding of the financial drivers of business.
Who should take this course
Understanding The Workings of Finance:
- How finance operates within an organisation.
- Examining the nature and purpose of financial statements annual reports and management reports.
Financial And Accounting Fundamentals:
- Balance sheet and profit and loss account.
- Understanding accounting terminology.
- Key accounting concepts: General ledger and trial balance Income and expenditure Assets and liabilities.
Accrual Accounting In Practice:
- What is accrual accounting.
- Depreciation and
Learn How To Read Financial Statements:
- What can you discover about your company - and your competitors.
- Understanding how financial statements are related.
- What can you learn from the Financial Review.
Introducing Financial Ratios:
- Learning to use the tools of the trade.
- Profitability and efficiency.
- Working capital and liquidity.
- Share prices dividends and gearing.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of real companies.
- Understanding cash flow statements.
- Identifying the working capital requirements of your business.
- Costing principles.
- Direct vs indirect costs.
- Fixed and variable costs.
Costing and Pricing:
- How costs impact your business.
- Break-even analysis.
- Balancing price and volume.
Budgeting And Forecasting:
- Making strategic decisions.
- Using financial reports to predict future performance.
- Identifying key information for business planning.
- Who should enroll in this certificate.
- Anyone new to financial concepts and finance technique.
- Executives who wish to update their knowledge of basic finance and accounting functions.
- Individuals with backgrounds in creative scientific or technical fields.
About Course Provider
The Accountants & Auditors Association (AAA) is the national accountancy body of the United Arab Emirates. We are a not-for-profit organization and have Undertaken Key strategic initiatives to develop the accountancy and finance profession in the country. The Association was established in 1997 through a federal mandate with the key objective of building capacity of the national accountancy and finance profession in line with best global practices and standard. We actively work with related authorities to propose the accounting and auditing standards in the country , suggest new regulatory standards for the profession. We deploy the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct to our members.
AAA's mission is to serve our members, the profession and society. We support the Ministry of Economy ‘s vision of achieving 100 professionally qualified UAE nationals in the field of accounting practice by the year 2021. Our core values are: credibility and transparency, professionalism, continuing professional development, effective relationship and partnership management, and community & public service.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.