Anyone involved in the public policy process needs in their possession strong analytical skills, and the ability to apply a variety of research and evaluation methods within a complex political environment. This course will review analytical approaches that are essential for effective policy development. It will cover the nature and role of policy analysis, interactions among social institutions, markets, and government. There will be in-depth examination of how to conduct effective policy analysis, manage the policy development process, and produce sound, persuasive policy reports.
Who should take this course
All those involved in planning for, and producing policy at a local and central government level, including policy analysts who are new to their role, or analysts who would like to update and refresh their policy skills.
At the end of this course, you will be familiar with:
- What policy analysis involves and its typical institutional settings
- The attributes required to be an effective policy analyst
- What role government plays in society and its limitations and strengths compared with other social institutions, including markets
- How to integrate market analysis, cost-benefit analysis, comparative institutional analysis, and evaluation methods into your policy research
- How to effectively engage in consultation, team work, and conflict management during policy formulation
- How to clearly scope and develop your policy ideas and present your policy analyses effectively for multiple audiences
- How to work effectively with others to promote sound policy solutions
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.