Positive Youth Development (PYD) is a theory based on years of research on the best ways to help young people grow into adulthood. This program is designed to help youth workers to understand the Positive Youth Development approaches, such as the individual strength approach that promote young people's social and emotional well-being.
In this program we discuss the outside influences that promote young people's social and emotional well-being. Also the program aims to examine approaches of working with young people to create a growth plan and to create positive places for young people. Creating a step by step action plan for integrating Positive Youth Development into youth organizations is also presented in this program.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Understand the Positive Youth Development approaches.
- Identify the developmental needs of young people and adolescents.
- Work effectively with young people to create a growth plan.
- Make use of individual strength approach that promote young people's social and emotional well-being.
- Create positive places for young people.
- Create an action plan for integrating Positive Youth Development into your organization.
Who should take this course
Department heads of youth focused institutions. Young Leaders Professionals responsible for youth program development, in government departments, corporations and NGOs. Youth Workers. Student Activities coordinators. Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations. School and University teachers.
Certificate of Completion
- What is Positive Youth development?
- The concept
- Strength based approaches
- Individual strengths that promote young people's social and emotional well-being
- The 5 Cs
- Outside influences that promote young people's social and emotional well-being
- Families - Schools - Communities
- The Developmental Assets
- The five Promises
- Work with young person to create a growth plan
- Youth immediate needs
- Assisting young person to set goals
- Active listening skills to determine youth's strengths and interests
- Rewarding youth
- Putting Positive Youth Development into practice
- Building individual strength in youth
- Youth involvement
- Creating positive places for young people
- What makes a place positive?
- How to keep youth places positive?
- Creating a step by step action plan for integrating Positive Youth Development into your organization
- Select PYD framework
- Train staff and volunteers
- Preview your mission statement
- Review your programs
- Establish a concrete ways to involve youth in your programs
- Assess your programs
About Course Provider
Matsh is short abbreviation for The Arab Youth Development Center in Arabic. Matsh is youth development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people.
The Main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, Formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work in MENA region and providing developmental and management consultancy for youth development institutions.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.