Supply Management is the process of managing relationships information and materials flows across organisational boundaries to deliver enhanced customer service and economic value. Supply manager's aimtowards synchronizing and amalgamating these flows through the implementation of a specific ordering ofwork activities across time and place with a beginning an end clearly identified inputs and outputs as wellas a structure for action. Project Management is also a structured process of managing workflow in a specific order across time and place. The close similarities between these two processes provide a firm foundation to expand the supply manager's world view to adopt project management principles and techniques. This course focuses onintegrating project management principles into the supply management process. In this course you will learn how project management concepts could be applied to enhance supply management. You will also gainan understanding of the tools and techniques used to initiate execute manage and control a project. Possible initiatives for the improvement of supply management through the application of project management concepts will be emphasised.
Who should take this course
This course is designed for professionals who are interested in supply management including leaders managers, supervisors and persons responsible for evaluating and improving their company's supply management programs and activities. The course is also tailored for the needs of those seeking ways to improve enhance and maximize the value they add to their organisations through better management oftheir supply systems.
Day One - Setting up the Scene:
- Project management terminology and life-cycle project phases
- Overview of the Project Management Process
- Key areas of Project
- Management Body of Knowledge
- Supply management and project management -similarities and differences
- Types of integration
- Impact of early decisions on project success
- Classical project phases
- Project scope parameters & constraints
- The concept of Value-for-Money project delivery
- The project supply chain
Day Two - Demand Planning:
- How to introduce a better demand planning process in their organisation the importance of forecasting the relationship between forecasting and demand planning influencing adjusting and managing demand the key performance measures used in demand planning how to stabilise demand and create a better balance between supply and demand
Day Three - Operation and Inventory:
- Thorough understanding of competitive advantages
- Strategic plans activities and critical decisions that are required when managing operations in an organisation.
- You will know the characteristics of an operations manager and the relationship between operations productivity and competitiveness.
- Inventory control
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Traffic management
- Supply chain management
- Supervision and leadership
- Computerized logistics
Day Four - Effective Project Relationships Management:
- Suppliers/contractors selection
- Project manager skills
- Building and sustaining professional relationships
- Trust and trust building
- Principled negotiations
- Leadership skills
- Dealing with professional disagreements
Day Five - Project Execution and Closure:
- Change control processes Identifying measurements of project success
- Project monitoring
- Integrating project scope time and cost
- Leading and lagging indicators
- Project plan update Project reporting - to whom and to what level?
- Closing and evaluation the project
- Project success factors
- Application of lessons learned
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.