Purchasing is a critical function for a small business because it affects performance at all levels. If supplies you purchase for consumption do not meet your needs they will reduce the efficiency of your operations. Material you buy for manufacturing or resale must be of acceptable quality at a competitive price or your customers will not be satisfied. You must to develop appropriate purchasing procedures and closely monitor them.
The course is targeting those individuals that have less experience or are new to the purchasing as this would help them to make their contribution. This will provide them with the required skills and knowledge that will transform them from order placer of purchasing team into the productive members. Likewise this course is also important for those personnel that interface with the purchasing function and those personnel having the responsibility of buying of the good and services.
Who should take this course
This practical course is for those individuals who are or who have moved into the role of the formal procurement. As this course will help the participants to have understanding and the knowledge of the functions of the procurement.
Key Objectives of the Buyer
- Potential profit contribution of the purchasing function
- What is need by the professional buyer
- Knowledge of the job
- Personal skills.
The Purchasing Cycle
- Best practice process
- The essential elements for request for quotation & invitation to tender documents
- Quotation analysis
- The importance of the purchase order
- Getting on time delivery
- Progressing delivery
- Verifying the invoice
- Payment and settlement terms.
Selection of the supplier
- Information sourcing for finding the suppliers
- Evaluation of the potential sources
- Appraisal of the supplier
- Partnership sourcing
- Total acquisition cost
- Price of purchase
- Transportation cost
- Settlement of the terms
- Storage costs
- Administrative costs
- Comparison among the prices
- Tooling and the fixed charges
- Obtaining the breakdowns costs
- Fixed and variable costs
- Managing increase of the prices
Buying from the overseas
- Import duties
- How quality is achieved?
- ISO 9001:2015
- Open dealing and fair dealing
- Dealing with the gifts offers
- Corporate hospitality
- Relationships with the international
- Codes of the conduct
- Policy of the company
- Techniques of the negotiation
Introduction to legal aspects
- Background to the law affecting purchasing
- The requirements of valid contract
- Offer and the acceptance
- Sale of Goods legislation.
About Course Provider
Institute of Knowledge and Leadership (IKL) has emerged on the global map of learning, talent development and executive education as a highly advanced and qualified training platform. IKL is based in Dubai and serves prominent clients from across the MENASA region.
The distinctive factor about IKL is its significant, highly qualified and skilled pool of global trainers, primarily equipped with state of the art training methods and techniques coupled with the passion to share knowledge and to co - create a value proposition with organizations and their teams. IKL has trainers across the globe from 25 nationalities, over 200+ knowledge areas, and with a cumulative training, knowledge creation, sharing, and dissemination experience for over 1000+ years with over 2 million participants globally.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.