Youth development workers have a key role to play in delivering a holistic approach to health promotion. The program starts by defining youth in the context of health. It continues by looking at why it is important to involve young people in the planning and implementation of any program that targets them, and how to promote youth participation. You will also look closely at some of the contemporary health issues that affect young people, such as nutrition and diet, sexual and reproductive health and drug abuse. The program also looks at how to enable practitioners to recognize the different roles they have, and how to foster effective working relationships.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the major health issues affecting young people.
- Outline health promotion strategies (particularly preventative strategies).
- Describe the specific role of youth development work in health promotion.
- Develop specific programs of health promotion.
- Use the distinctive methodology of youth development work within the environment of a primary health care agency.
Who should take this course
Professionals of healthcare institutions. Public health practitioners. Youth Workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs. Health awareness organizations staff. Professionals responsible for youth policy formulation and strategy development.
Certificate of Completion
- Defining Youth and Health
- Defining youth
- Defining health
- Primary health care
- Adolescent and youth developmental changes
- The basics of health and personal hygiene
- Involving Young People
- Youth development and health services
- The role of young people in health
- Developing skills and information
- Factors affecting participation
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Defining sexuality
- Defining reproductive health
- Reproductive rights
- Traditional practices
- STDs and HIV/AIDS
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) mandate
- World food supply
- Mental Health and Drug Abuse
- What is mental health?
- Self-abuse and deviant behavior
- What is drug abuse?
- Demographics and drug use
- Prevention and support
- Self-abuse through injury and suicide
About Course Provider
Matsh is short abbreviation for The Arab Youth Development Center in Arabic. Matsh is youth development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people.
The Main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, Formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work in MENA region and providing developmental and management consultancy for youth development institutions.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.