Job description / Role
3D Exhibition Stands Designer - Must Include Portfolio in the Application
Job Title: Designers / Project Designers / Asst Designers
Reports To: Team Leader / Department Manager
Summary: Plans, designs, and furnishes exhibitions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conceptualizing, designing and producing of various interior / exhibition / events projects including mall kiosks, promotional mall counters, In-house corporate graphics and advertisements, graphic designing and producing hi-resolution ready output artworks & illustrations for final graphics printing
• Responsible for own project from concept to details, Submit design on time with proper consideration to the briefing and should be able to handle projects independently.
• Confers with client to in the early stage of briefing & during design development determine preferences, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior / exhibition / events environments.
• Advises client on various design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, and color coordination.
• Renders design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimates material requirements and costs, and presents design to client for approval.
• Responsible for getting the working drawing confirmed for future processing.
• Work in close coordination with the Sales and Production team to define & interpret design whenever the need arises.
• Consult with production & AV during design stage if things can be done or not.
• Should be able to work under pressure and given timelines.
• Responsibility includes giving basic specifications, dimensions & electrical plan to production for costing
• Coordinate with the Department head regarding the work schedules and give clearly state the revision number & the date.
• Responsible for Site Inspections / Coordination during design construction stage, measuring & Picture taking in order to bring more accuracy, fineness and creativity.
• Provide Support to the department head in implementation of any policies regarding the individual department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
• Software - Well versed in 3D Studio Max, Auto CAD, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
About the Company
Pico is one of the world’s leading experiential marketing service providers. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver Total Brand Activation for many of the Fortune 500 companies, government bodies and non-government organisations. With a track record of 40 years in the industry, Pico has earned an unparalleled reputation for creating concepts and transforming them into living, breathing realities. Be it a live event or a permanent themed environment, we create the live experiences that active your brands to harness an emotional impact that lingers longer with lasting impact. Paramount to our success lies in our insistence on servicing our clients and partners with Creativity, Knowledge and Reliability. We provide total solutions on brand activation as well as satisfy individual needs on specialised areas. Our core businesses include design and fabrication of exhibition stands; general contracting and technical services for trade show organisers; event hall and facility management; events, conferences and show management; supply and installation of overlays for venues; permanent exhibits for museums and themed environments; interior fit-out; and brand signage.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Interior Designer/FFE Specialist
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)