Job description / Role
AV Support Specialist is responsible to set up, operate and support equipment used for classrooms, exhibitions, conferences and multimedia presentations in United Arab Emirates University. The role as an Audio Visual support specialist in UAEU is to be a mature, highly skilled support person, who is competent to efficiently and professionally deliver diverse audio visual, videoconferencing and educational AV Technology services to all UAEU community. Position is also responsible for operating and supporting equipment that is used to record and display live classes, events, such as a live conference. Individual will support day to day operational activities for UAEU smart classroom, and collaborative technologies in a multi campus environment.
• Exemplify and promote Extreme Customer Service to users and coworkers.
• To maintain, set up, breakdown, store and operate a variety of audio visual equipment offered to users at the UAEU for their daily classes and various diverse events and meetings.
• Set up, operate and install equipment such as smart boards, microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, news and educational conferences.
• Operation of equipment and controls during classes, rehearsals, live shows, conferences and exhibitions.
• Confer with manager to establish cues and directions
• Create and install custom lighting systems, Work with computer controlled lighting systems
• Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality
• Mix sound inputs and feeds
• Switch video input sources from one camera to another
• Determine filming sequences and camera movements
• Compress and digitize audio and video data and perform other relevant duties on location.
• Diagnose and correct client side media system problems
• Send in equipment for repairs as needed
• Clean audio and video equipment and store properly
• Ensure the safe transfer and shipment of equipment.
• Work with associated support teams from vendors, and other business units on the design, build out and ongoing usage of AV infrastructure.
• Follow established procedures and processes to address room and equipment issues.
• Evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
• Actively generates process improvements, supports and drives change and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
• Analyze any situation, determine the best course of action and deliver results.
• Conduct audits of equipment as part of the development of facilities and upgrade plans, supply and purchase recommendation.
• Maintains the functionality of the equipment by properly cleaning and maintaining the equipment even if that means minor repair.
• To ensure all work is performed according to the agreed standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
• Provide service updates and reports to senior management as required.
• Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
• Other duties as assigned
• Technical diploma in engineering, communication, electronics or any relevant major.
• Should have at least current Two to Three years of experience in enterprise A/V Infrastructure, preferably in academic institution.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues, instantly pinpointing faults and remedy during an event under AV infrastructure.
• Knowledge of all audiovisual systems: sound, lights, recording, video conferencing, switching, broadcasting, audio mixers, control systems, IP TV, digital signage, AV automation, wiring, amplifiers, microphones, projection systems, video cameras, and other A/V peripheral equipment.
• Ability to operate portable equipment, establishes point-to-point and multipoint connections, and interconnects auxiliary equipment such as computers and document cameras.
• Knowledge of End-user computing infrastructure, including Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
• Thorough knowledge of various AV and video electronic pieces of equipment
• Knowledge in SMART, Mitsubishi, Rave, Arrive, Tandberg, Polycom and industry standard hardware & software will be a preference.
• The candidate should possess a high energy level, which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
• Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to cope with a busy workload.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including report writing.
• Ability to work in shifts and in a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is essential. 24/7 availability on call basis.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
A/V Support Technician
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||7 Oct|
IT Support Engineer
Engineer - Telecom
Customer Service Representative
Irwin & Dow
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|