Job description / Role
Key focus of the role is to develop and manage all activities relating to students’ experience on campus from registration through to graduation.
Academic Registry Services
- Responsible for the effective management of course registration process every semester.
- Prepare, maintains and issue semester course offering and midterm and final examination schedules.
- Manages efficient use of classrooms.
- Supervises and maintains the degree audit systems.
- Supervises the processes of transfer credits.
- Administer the processes for the articulation of graduation and degree certification, enrollment and degree verification, production of official transcripts, diplomas, and commencement ceremonies.
- Interpret academic policies rules and regulations, monitor academic progress, coordinate probation and suspension for students and help resolve student issues as needed.
- Verification of student degree requirements and graduation.
- Evaluate student academic progress and announce student achievements and honors list.
- Counsels and advises students and employees on academic matters.
- Enforces policies and regulations of the University relating to student code of conduct.
- Administer student's appeals and academic discipline.
- Manage the award of scholarships every system under the guidance of the CEO office.
Students Records Management and Information System
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of academic records in accordance with university policy, accreditation standards, and privacy laws.
- Participate in development of course catalogue, student handbook, and other policies and procedures, including ensuring compliance with CAA guidelines
- Work with IT team to develop and design systems to maintain student academic records and serve as Student Information System Administrator
- Prepares appropriate reports; analyzes and evaluates retention data; projects student academic progression and retention data to be used in strategic decision making.
- Preparation of the following reports: CHEDS reports, student progression, grade reports, JU fact book.
- Conduct verification of enrollment files and validation of student data.
- Lead and direct the day to day operations of the Student Service Desk to deliver outstanding student experience at JU campus.
- Ensure students welcome pack, orientation workshops, IDs, computing services Mare communicated and delivered to new students.
- Maintains continuous evaluation of the economic feasibility of student services to insure cost efficiency of services and programs within the student's affairs office.
- Ensure students recommendations, feedback and complaints are managed effectively.
- Bachelor degree (Masters is preferred) in Business Administration discipline or a related filed.
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of relevant experience with progressive responsibility in academic registry, students relations and services.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels is essential; Excellent communication skills in research.
- Confidence, integrity, commitment and courtesy.
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.