Academy Head of Arabic - September 2023
Job description / Role
About the Role
This position is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact in the growth and development of Arabic at GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis from September 2023.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategic Direction and Development of the school:
- To assist the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic in shaping a vision and direction for Arabic, setting out very high expectations and with a clear focus on student achievement and progress.
- To play a significant role in setting aims and objectives for Arabic and in formulating the School Development Plan.
- To assist the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic in Arabic self-review and evaluation, and in the effective planning and management of resources to secure improvements.
- To lead with the Academy's Mission, Vision and Values at the center of all decision making.
Teaching and Learning
- Be an 'outstanding' role model, a leading classroom practitioner, and inspiring and motivating other staff.
- Work with the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic to sustain high expectations and best practice in teaching and learning throughout Arabic.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching, standards of student's achievement, and set targets for Arabic improvement.
Leading and Managing staff
- To support the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic to lead, motivate, support, challenge and develop Arabic staff to secure continual improvement, including continual professional development.
- To follow all school policies and practices.
- To support the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic to lead in Performance Management of Arabic teaching staff.
- Deliver an appropriate programme of professional development for Arabic staff including quality coaching and mentoring, in line with the Arabic improvement plan and performance management.
- To effectively line manage Department leads of Arabic.
Deploying staff and resources
- In consultation with, and by the direction of the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic, deploy people and resources efficiently and effectively i.e. timetables, deployment of TA's and supply staff within Arabic.
- To participate in recruitment and selection as agreed by the Principal, within Arabic.
- Support the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic and LAB in accounting for the efficiency and effectiveness of the Arabic to all relevant stakeholders.
- Promote and protect the health and safety welfare of pupils and staff within Arabic
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
- To lead on Arabic events
- To take an active role in the day-to-day required responsibilities, attending daily and weekly meetings and leading them as required
- To lead on a positive ethos for learning within the Arabic department.
- To provide an exciting, stimulating and creative curriculum within Arabic
- To promote the values and achievements of the school to the community.
- To undertake such reasonable activities that the CEO, Principals and Vice Principal for Arabic may from time to time require.
General (Within Arabic)
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities, in discussion with line manager.
- To ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy.
About Your Benefits The successful candidate will receive an excellent remuneration package inclusive of family benefits.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.