Job description / Role
• Manage the Accident Investigation Section and evaluates any necessary changes in needs and make recommendations to improve safety and prevent further accident occurrences.
• Communicates fully with industry leaders and surface transport services operators.
• Prepares necessary MoUs for effective working arrangements with all parties involved, including the Operators, Dubai Police, Dubai Civil Defence, Public Prosecution, etc..
• Prepare, establish and Manage MoUs with International Organizations who would support RTA in improving the accident investigation process and support in actual accident investigations (Rail Accident Investigation Branch, Test Laboratories, Universities, etc.)
• Ensure the timely submission of personal measurable objectives of subordinates to the senior management.
• Direct, Manage and Advise / Consult in formulating, reviewing and revising the independent Accident Investigation requirements and policies for RTA and ensures that full compliance and enforcement with the prevailing regulations, laws and decrees can be applied by the Certification and Regulation Section and Dubai Police through clear recommendations resulting from investigations as a Judicial Officer.
• Responsible for ensuring that the requirements for full access and security of all forms of evidence are communicated, understood and effectively implemented.
• Lead technical accident investigations related to Rail Systems including but not limited to Signalling, Trackwork, Civil Works, Communication Systems, Power Systems, Signalling Systems, Rolling Stock, Maintenance Procedures, Operational Procedures, etc. with reporting at RTA Board.
• Lead Technical accident investigation related to Tram Systems including but not limited to Signalling, Trackwork, Rolling Stock, Power Systems, Civil Works, Maintenance Procedures, Operational Procedures, Road / Tram Interface, etc.
• Lead Technical accident investigation related to Third-party Rail Systems including but not limited to Dubai Airport People Mover Systems, Monorail Systems, Trolley Systems, etc. with reporting at RTA Board.
• Lead Technical accident investigations related to Public Buses, Marine Operations and Taxi Operations with reporting at RTA Board.
• Lead investigation related to Roads infrastructure including construction and special projects with reporting at RTA Board.
• Independently raise fines for breaches of Railway and Tran Regulations to the specified value.
• Provide advice and consultancy support to other Government entities like Etihad Rail, Federal Transport Authority, Airport Authority, etc. as per the Directions from the RTA Senior Management.
• Organize international conferences and symposiums in the field of Accident Investigation in coordination with relevant parties.
• Support the RTA Crisis Management function in dealing with incidents at site and communicating with various internal and External Parties including Dubai Police, Dubai Civil Defense and Dubai Ambulance Services.
• Establish, maintain and continually develop a State of Art Accident Investigation Centre for improving the investigation processes and knowledge transfer.
• Train and share knowledge related to technical investigation to National Staff.
• Ensure the development of training programmes for core skills, technical skills for Accident Inspectors and technical staff.
• Maintain records of all investigations and recommendations. These investigations must be at a level suitable for Dubai Police, Dubai Prosecution and suitable for examination as evidence within legal proceedings.
• Direct the activities for inspection, technical support, investigation, monitoring and administration support of the Accident Investigation Section.
• Assess and register independent Specialist Support Contractors.
• Prepare and present awareness presentations to all Stakeholders.
• Facilitate the Annual Management Review on Accident Investigation issues, performance, inspection / audit findings, progress towards the implementation of recommendations, objectives & targets.
• Ensure established systems, processes, procedures and execution of activities fully comply with ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 or whatever the current ISO certifications / RTA regulations require.
• Support the development of the SRRPD annual Execution Plan of all activities by ensuring the correct setting and translating of requirements into numeric goals and key initiatives.
• Identify the applicable legal requirements and international standards for continual benchmarking of Accident Investigation and Legislation.
• Manage the establishment of roles and responsibilities and accountability systems in all levels throughout the Accident Investigation Section.
• Act as RTA’s key Subject Matter Expert in the Field of Accident Investigation.
• Follow up the planned action items derived from various activities such as site inspections, audits, program evaluation, and risk assessment document.
• Evaluate the identified risks, aspects / impacts to determine the significance level to prioritize and program the necessary control and preventive measures.
• Consult with surface transport Operators, Contractors, Assessors and peers on the attitudes and practices of quality to develop an environment of continual improvement in every aspect of services for Accident Investigation and Regulation.
• Support the planning and implementation for the internal SRRPD Audit system as a Lead Auditor.
• Ensure that safety and sustainability are integrated into management and work practices and form part of the culture to accomplish program objectives and ensure worker and public health and safety.
• Continuously monitor activities in the field and ensure that the deliverables and outcomes associated with a program are technically adequate.
• Ensure that related environmental regulations and requirements are integrated into program plans and activities to protect personnel, the facility, and the environment.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as appropriate.
AED 38,000 to 40,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Air Ticket Allowance, Medical Insurance , Annual Leave
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
• 7 years working experience in safety / investigation accident field in the transport sector.
• Experience in at least 40 sub-systems of Railway and exposure to all modes of transportation.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.