Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco Middle East is currently looking to hire an Accommodation Clerk for MELABS Contract. Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Reception & Accommodation Supervisor and ensure the smooth operation of all reception and accommodation services for the MELABS contract.
- Coordination of the bedding and linen replacement program.
- Coordination of the laundry system.
- Assist in the management of the Asset registers for all accommodation including management of keys.
- Liaison/coordination with other sections eg: Cleaning and Transportation.
- Liaison with and monitoring of the performance of subcontractors providing services such as maintenance, pest control, laundry and Marhaba Service/Golden Class Services.
- Follow best practice in reception and accommodation of office procedures and technology to ensure the continued effective and efficient running of the reception and accommodation office.
- Maintain a defects/issues log for the accommodation and regularly meet key personnel to address and resolve any issues.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- 2 years experience in hotels or accommodation blocks.
- Mature, detail minded, flexible, proactive, self-motivated and responsible approach to work with strong initiative and problem solving capability.
- Experience dealing with sub contractors.
- Good communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Proficient in MS Office Packages;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.