Job description / Role
Leading International Architecture and Engineering firm require a General Accountant to join their Dubai team as they expand their office network internationally.
This General Accountant will be responsible, but not limited to the below responsibilities:
• Preparing and maintaining statutory books of accounts and reconciliation of financial statement in compliance with the accounting standard and company’s policies.
• Ensure exactly and timely information in collaboration with other divisions
• Helps other divisions in making preparation of payroll, subcontracting as required.
• Preparing of Credit Invoice, Cash Invoice, Debit Notes and Credit Notes as per company’s requirements
• Preparing of Sales and Purchase Ledgers.
• Assists the Controller and Accounting Supervisor in monthly general ledger maintenance.
• Supports the preparation of year-end audit files and analysis.
• Reviewing of General Ledgers, Debtors Ledgers and Creditors Ledgers on a regular basis to avoid any errors and discrepancies therein.
• Handling Accounts Payable from Payments Order to Check Preparation.
• Making and Preparing invoices, contract, petty cash check
• Responsible for updating and maintaining the book of Accounts.
• Submitting reports to immediate Superior for review and notation.
• Preparing Journal Voucher for the month and adjustment payment.
• Preparing Monthly bills of Water & Electricity and Telephone with analyzed report.
• Filing and Controlling Files.
• Take assignments of additional accounting administration according to the Accounting Supervisor’s instruction.
• This individual will be working in Dubai in a similar role, minimum 5 years in the UAE.
• Experience within Architecture, Engineering or construction industries would be ideal.
• Overall around 10 years experience is ideal.
• Must have a team orientated work ethic, and have shown previous commitment to previous employers, ie. long employment periods.
• Excellent English, oral and written, a Must.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE
INC System Integrations
Irwin & Dow