Job description / Role
To support our Finance team in the corporate office, we are searching for a young, dynamic and enthusiastic multi-tasking Accountant. The ideal candidate would be proactive, creative and have the ability to keep bringing new & productive ideas to the team. A major part of the task will be related to collections and accounts receivables and hence the candidate requires to be articulate and have strong English communication skills.
- Expected start date: As soon as possible.
- Jurisdiction: Employment contract following the DMCC free zone rules and regulations
- Work place: Dubai - JLT (the closest metro station is DAMAC Properties)
- Reporting to: FINANCE MANAGER with a dotted line to HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Job description summary (non-exhaustive list):
- Accurate recording and matching of invoice payments, with weekly bank reconciliations.
- Follow-up with clients on discrepancies, open balances and any overdue amounts.
- Take part in credit meetings and conduct active chasing.
- Accounts Payable cycle: accrue, check, book, process, pay and file supplier invoices.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Reconcile bank accounts, petty cash and other GL accounts.
- Active participation in the billing of various revenue streams.
- Reply to customer and internal queries in a timely fashion.
- VAT accounting & maintaining all necessary supporting information for tax audits.
- Preparation of various reports including but not limited to AR, aging, collections, cash flow, as and when requested.
- File and archive accounting documents in an organized and chronological fashion.
- Involvement in the whole monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process.
- Participate in annual financial & tax audits and supply verified information as and when requested.
- Update information in databases to ensure that information is relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure adherence to personal KPIs & goals and participate in periodic performance reviews.
- Participate in team training & CPD when available.
Please apply only if your skills & personality exactly matches with our below requirements.
AED 6,000 to 7,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline from an accredited University.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience.
- Expertise in bookkeeping, reconciliations & credit control.
- Demonstrates a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting.
- High attention to accuracy & detail with analytical skills; organized & systematic.
- Advanced knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- English fluency; excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills with all levels of business.
- Experience working on accounting software is mandatory.
- Experience with conducting payment runs in multiple currencies would be preferential.
- Spanish and bilingual candidates preferred.
- Enthusiastic, team player, dynamic and open minded personality.
- Highly motivated individual with strong business sense and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to take on new challenges & ability to make quick smart decisions, even while under pressure.
- Natural problem solving skill-set and ability to take initiatives & be proactive.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and constantly meet tight deadlines on time with error-free work.
- Ability to confidently engage with a wide range of stakeholders, representing the Company at a high professional level.
- Initiative and ability to identify and implement process improvements/enhancements.
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is the world's largest alliance of independent hotel brands, bringing together more than 30 brands with over 550 hotels in 75 countries. GHA uses a shared technology platform to drive incremental revenues and create cost savings for its member brands. GHA's award-winning loyalty programme, DISCOVERY, provides 15 million members exclusive opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture wherever they travel.