Job description / Role
To support our Finance team in the corporate office, we are searching for a young, dynamic and enthusiastic multi-tasking Accountant. The ideal candidate would be proactive, creative and have the ability to keep bringing new & productive ideas to the team. A major part of the task will be related to collections and accounts receivables and hence the candidate requires to be articulate and have strong English communication skills.
- Expected start date: As soon as possible.
- Jurisdiction: Employment contract following the DMCC free zone rules and regulations
- Work place: Dubai - JLT (the closest metro station is DAMAC Properties)
- Reporting to: FINANCE MANAGER with a dotted line to HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Job description summary (non-exhaustive list):
- Accurate recording and matching of invoice payments, with weekly bank reconciliations.
- Follow-up with clients on discrepancies, open balances and any overdue amounts.
- Take part in credit meetings and conduct active chasing.
- Accounts Payable cycle: accrue, check, book, process, pay and file supplier invoices.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Reconcile bank accounts, petty cash and other GL accounts.
- Active participation in the billing of various revenue streams.
- Reply to customer and internal queries in a timely fashion.
- VAT accounting & maintaining all necessary supporting information for tax audits.
- Preparation of various reports including but not limited to AR, aging, collections, cash flow, as and when requested.
- File and archive accounting documents in an organized and chronological fashion.
- Involvement in the whole monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process.
- Participate in annual financial & tax audits and supply verified information as and when requested.
- Update information in databases to ensure that information is relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure adherence to personal KPIs & goals and participate in periodic performance reviews.
- Participate in team training & CPD when available.
Please apply only if your skills & personality exactly matches with our below requirements.
AED 6,000 to 7,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline from an accredited University.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience.
- Expertise in bookkeeping, reconciliations & credit control.
- Demonstrates a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting.
- High attention to accuracy & detail with analytical skills; organized & systematic.
- Advanced knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- English fluency; excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills with all levels of business.
- Experience working on accounting software is mandatory.
- Experience with conducting payment runs in multiple currencies would be preferential.
- Spanish and bilingual candidates preferred.
- Enthusiastic, team player, dynamic and open minded personality.
- Highly motivated individual with strong business sense and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to take on new challenges & ability to make quick smart decisions, even while under pressure.
- Natural problem solving skill-set and ability to take initiatives & be proactive.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and constantly meet tight deadlines on time with error-free work.
- Ability to confidently engage with a wide range of stakeholders, representing the Company at a high professional level.
- Initiative and ability to identify and implement process improvements/enhancements.
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is the world's largest alliance of independent hotel brands, bringing together 35 brands with 550 hotels in 76 countries. GHA uses a shared technology platform to drive incremental revenues and create cost savings for its member brands. GHA's award-winning loyalty programme, DISCOVERY, provides nearly 10 million members exclusive opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture wherever they travel.