Job description / Role
• Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
• Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
• Reports organization's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Document financial transactions by entering account information
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
• Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Secure financial information by completing database backups
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarise financial status
• Provide technical support and advice on management
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department's goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff's work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Communicate effectively with clients
• Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
• Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
About the Company
A leading trading company in the UAE.