Job description / Role
Jafza based company is looking to recruit an Accountant to be based in Dubai.
Candidates who can join immediately would be preferred.
• Accountant mainly handling preparation of financial statements of group of companies, Journal entries, Preparing profit and loss, Balance sheet.
• Main responsibilities include ensuring that the company’s accounting system is up to date and accurate on an ongoing basis, entering financial transactions into the system, preparation of monthly reconciliation statements of all bank accounts, Maintaining all accounts related files, etc.
• Past experience with QuickBooks or Tally is mandatory.
• Prepares financial summaries, reports, analysis, cost-benefit analysis and/or ad hoc financial reports as required by the Senior Accountant/Management.
• Manages entity level cash requirements, ensure availability of funds as needed and placement of excess funds in short term investments as per entity investment guidelines.
• Preparing VAT returns and timely submissions of VAT statements to FTA.
AED 6,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Qualified Accountant - University graduate with 7-10 UAE years of post-qualification progressive experience
• Minimum 5+ years experience required.
• Solid technical accounting skills, including IFRS
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Fully affluent in English required.
• Should have worked with companies with turnovers more than 20 Million AED yearly
• Should have worked with companies with more than 50 to 100 transactions a day.
• Should have a corporate exposure and had been in an environment of more than 50 employees.
About the Company
A leading distributor in the UAE.