Job description / Role
• Responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department.
• Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable duties, and assists accounting personnel.
• Maintain up-to-date billing system for all receivables of the Company.
• Ensure consistent follow up, collection and allocation of payments for all the customers and Investigate and resolve customer queries as and when required.
• Organizing a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
• Processing and recording of all sales transactions
• Verifying the wholesale invoices raised by the sales coordinators and checking whether they have been invoiced correctly
• Support in issuing LC/TR`s in coordination with banks
• Keeping a track of Marketing support and ensure timely receipt of the same
• Daily monitoring of Gross Margins, any exceptions to be highlighted immediately to line manager
• Calculation of Rebates and their settlement with customer as per signed agreement
• Follow-up with the sales coordinator and the customers for the outstanding and agreeing to the balances with them
• Reconciling of all cash and credit card deposits
• Preparing the commission for sales staff and others
• Scrutinize debtor/creditor ledgers and to rectify wrong classifications
• Informing the controller of the inflow of cash/credit cards and cheques
• Keeping track of all credit notes and verifying whether all of them have been recorded
• Obtain the duly filled credit forms from customers – signed and stamped
• Tracking the purchase orders and monitoring the flow of goods into the warehouse
• Verifying whether all credit/debit notes have been raised/received and is accounted for
• Preparing a list of goods replaced under warranty and their respective treatments
• Verify the cut-off of sales, commissions, credit notes, cash and credit card control accounts
• Send confirmation letter to debtors and creditors
• Help in preparing the schedules required for audit of accounts
• Key contact for local vendors and banks regarding administrative issues;
• Ensure timely monthly closing of books
• Help in preparation of MIS for timely submission to Management
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / C.A Intermediate
• Minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience in the Retail industry
• Should have Command over Microsoft excel, including Macros and Pivot tables.
• Good skill levels are required for Microsoft word and power point.
• Experience with Microsoft Navision.
• Good Communication Skills
• Ability To Handle Large Volume Of Transaction And Workload
• Attention to detail
• Ability To Meet The Deadline With Efficiency
• Financial Statements Analysis Skills
• Advanced MS Office Skills
• Good Planning And Organizational Skills
• With Experience in Retail Industry within GCC
About the Company
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.