Job description / Role
Accountant - LEGOLAND Hotel
Play Your Part
As Hotel Accountant you will report to Hotel Financial Controller and play a part in supporting a wide range of financial and management accounting tasks for LEGOLAND Dubai Hotel. You will ensure tasks' completion in a timely manner while maintaining strong control environment. Successful candidate will play important role in monthly financial closing and in providing financial information to company stakeholders. Hotel Accountant will be primarily responsible for: daily review of revenue transactions' accuracy and completeness; preparation of balance sheet accounts reconciliations; review of daily cash and bank reconciliations; and VAT entries to ensure accurate and timely completion of VAT return. In addition, the Hotel Accountant will maintain accurate fixed asset register with adherence to accounting policies for fixed assets and WIP.
- Record Hotel Revenue in nominal ledger following relevant accounting revenue policies and its daily reconciliation to POS systems;
- Review of daily reconciliations between system and actual cash and credit card collections and action for variances;
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including control accounts reconciliation, with action plan for clearance of reconciling items in the following accounting period;
- Regular review of Purchase, Sales, Inventory, VAT and Fixed Assets sub ledgers and their monthly reconciliation to nominal ledger;
- Work closely with LEGOLAND Park AP team and regular monitoring of creditor balances;
- Maintenance of fixed assets register - assets capitalization, disposals and transfers and monthly depreciation runs;
- Assist with production of monthly management accounts and preparation of monthly journal postings, accrual and prepayment journals, in line with month end timetable;
- Support Hotel Financial Controller, Finance Director and Senior Management team with ad hoc analysis and projects;
- Assist in with budget process, cash flow and CAPEX reporting;
- Support driving forward new initiatives, process and system improvements;
- Supporting Hotel Financial Controller in the implementation & continuous monitoring of strong controls and processes across the business;
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts for the hotel entity for submission to relevant government agency;
- Contribute to internal and external annual audit process.
Health & Safety:
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Qualified or partly qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- University degree or/and Business school.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Finance as Financial or Management Accountant
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office packages is essential
- Knowledge of Opera PMS is must
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Organized with ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014