Job description / Role
• You will ensure that the company’s projects’ and financial data collected systematically and accurately booked, classified, allocated and reported on timeline basis.
• Ensure all project related revenue, cost and overhead are booked, allocated and classified as per IFRS and aligned with company requirements
• Supervise books of accounts and perform bookkeeping functions wherever necessary
• Generate trial balance, analysis, reconcile, book monthly closing entries, prepare supporting schedules for balance sheet and Income statement
• Revenue, cost recognition of projects and associated indirect expenses
• Project Costing, Cost Allocation, Pricing, budgeting and variance report
• Make sure time sheet submitted & approved on a weekly basis with all department heads, report redundancy in time sheeting, analyze and report staff cost by project wise.
• Assisting Project Managers with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project and taking ownership of the systems required for this.
• Producing monthly profitability report for projects; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets and updating forecasts.
• Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
• Help to educate and encourage accounting staffs to take more responsibility over the financial aspects
• Support procurement functions and coordinate with purchase manager and project managers
• Input and analyze data into the Xero / QuickBooks accounting system and producing reports on this for decision taking
• Help to develop the accounting software we use and build confidence in the financial information that it produces.
• Assist in development of transition to an ERP environment.
• Handle suppliers and negotiate whenever required
• Deal with clients and chase for payments
• To shadow and understand the work of other members of the finance team and support/help them in their tasks.
• Working in a small finance team, you will understand and help develop all aspects of the finance function.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Service / Project industry – GCC preferably
• Strong commercial understanding
Abilities & Skills:
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in financial & cost accounting
• Good knowledge in IFRS and IAS
• Good interpersonal skills
• Expert in excel
• Able to work with less supervision
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable with ability to adapt appropriately within various situations
• Team player
• Excellent work ethic
• Self-motivation and pro-active attitude
• Make it happen attitude
• Commitment to LINKVIVA's objectives and values
About the Company
LINKVIVA is an award-winning international experiential marketing and events agency. Devising unforgettable activations, conferences, and a host of other events, LINKVIVA helps clients facilitate customer acquisition and retention, increase market share, and engage with their customers, employees, and partners on an emotional level.
Operating within the UAE and beyond since 2003, LINKVIVA has worked with high profile multinationals and myriad of clients in the private and the public sectors.
At a steady 95% customer satisfaction rate and 85% client retention rate, LINKVIVA believes in building long term relationships with clients.
Building strong relationships with clients is only possible by having a professional, dedicated, and passionate team and providing them with the right environment to contribute to the growth of the company and themselves.
We love like-minded people. We love people who are different, who challenge the norm, break status quo and buck the trend. If this sounds like you, we want to know about you!