Job description / Role
- The Accountant is responsible for managing the booking of transactions both on Payables and Receivables. This includes Booking invoices & generating payment for suppliers, creating invoices for Customers & recording receipts for payments collected from customers.
- Additional responsibilities can include Bank Reconciliation, Cash Management & AR/AP Support duties.
- This role will report to the Manager-Financial Operations.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Accounts Payables (AP) management & support duties
- Maintain strict control over payables and to take timely action to ensure timely settlement.
- Account supplier invoices against approved PO's & Receiving notes in a timely manner with meaningful narrations.
- Ensure accurate VAT treatment for each transaction.
- Maintain relevant reports and records to support the payment and present the same to Line Manager for Validation.
- Settle all time-bound payments like Subscription services / Utility Expenses on time to avoid disruption / disconnection of services.
- Follow up for invoices / settlement for advance payments.
- Ensure reconciliations with major Suppliers at least twice a year and once for all other Suppliers.
- Ensure prompt escalation of disputes or delayed payments to the Line Manager.
- Co-ordinate with the Vendor for the pick-up / delivery of the payment and to provide details of settlement.
- Accounts Receivable (AR) – Transaction Management & Support duties
- Book AR invoices, debit & credit notes as advised by AR team.
- Book Advance Tax invoices and reversals as advised by AR team.
- Book AR receipts & allocation of invoices as advised by Credit Controller.
- Ensure the Receipt # nomenclature and accounting for Inward Remittances/Credit Card Charges is done as per procedure.
- Communicate with AR team on inward remittances.
- Review cheque returns with AR team.
- Assist in banking of cheques on a daily basis.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Execute Bank reconciliation on Oracle
- Co-ordinate with AR team for pending receipts, if any.
- Co-ordinate with AP team & line manager for Adhoc bank transactions like financial charges.
- Submit monthly bank reconciliation statement for sign-off.
- Assist Senior Accountant with Freelance payments and preparing the Budget variance report for approval.
- Submit collection report based on receipts/PDC control for credit control commissions.
- Manage Petty cash, Gift cash and any other cash received as and when assigned and submit all relevant reports for reconciliation/settlement.
- Manage Inter-company (AGIS) transactions, as required.
- Assist with requirements of the company’s independent external & internal auditors.
- Ensure filing of all documents for easy retrieval
- Perform any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate verification of documents
- Timely settlement of supplier payments and issue of Invoices/Credit notes.
- Accuracy and efficiency in accounting
- Accuracy and timely submission of reports
- Business partner approach
- Strong Communication Skills – Oral & Written
- Strong team-work & co-ordination Skills
- Analytical thinking & Attention to detail
- Excellent self-management
- Result Oriented & Ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of autonomy and integrity
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 to 3 years Accounting experience in Payable/AR accounting/Cash management for Medium to large-sized organization, preferably in Media/Entertainment Industry
- Proficient in MS-Excel & Financial software in general
- Good Knowledge of VAT and Tax Invoicing requirements.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounts Payable & VAT Accountant
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)