Job description / Role
A Trading company based in Dubai is looking for an Accountant to manage end to end Accounting and Operational Finance activities.
Our client is a Trading company based in Dubai dealing with import and export of consumer goods.
* Manage all accounting transactions
* Prepare budget forecasts
* Liaise with banks
* Publish financial statements in time
* Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
* Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
* Ensure timely bank payments
* Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
* Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
* Report on the company's financial health and liquidity
* Audit financial transactions and documents
* Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
* Comply with financial policies and regulations
* Attractive pay package and benefits
* Opportunity to work in an international trading business and get hands on experience
* Excellent learning curve
* 3-5 years of experience in an Accounting function
* Experience in a Trading company is ideal
* Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
* Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
* Experience with general ledger functions
* Strong attention to detail and good analytic skills
* BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
* Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.